Curtains Up for Energy Savings!
Choosing the right curtains for your home can be an important part of creating a unique and stylish look that is synonymous with your personality. However, although decisions about material, colour and price are important, you should also factor in ideas on how to save energy.
Ready-made curtains come in an extensive range of sizes, patterns and colours, often with co-ordinating accessories such as tie backs, pelmets and cushion covers that make changing the look of a room an affordable option. They are also easy to hang and quite often come with simple instructions on how to put them up and care for them.
Did you know that 10-25% of thermal energy escapes through windows? Here are the TGF top tips for saving energy with your window dressings:
- During hot sunny weather, close curtains and blinds to keep the house cool and reduce the need for fans or air conditioning
- Blackout curtains that block heat in the warmer months, or keep the chill out in the colder ones, can help your heating appliances work much more efficiently
- Ready-made blackout curtain linings that are 100% light proof can be attached to the back of exiting curtains
- Curtains lined with a layer of heavy material can reduce heat loss from a room through the windows because a pocket of air is created between them and the window in much the same way as double glazing works
- Fitting blinds as well as curtains can help cut draughts and keep heat in rooms for longer
Selecting the right curtains can transform the overall look of your home, but they can also make a big difference to energy conservation whilst helping you save money in energy costs and ensuring you are also doing your bit to save the planet with this green initiative. Curtains up on design and curtains up for energy savings!