HP – Print and Recycle Like the Lorax
TGF understands that printing is an essential part of family life, particularly over the summer the holidays, whether it’s printing the plane tickets or boarding pass, cinema or exhibition tickets you’ve booked online or the map you downloaded with directions to get there. However, as families aim to become as environmentally friendly as possible, printing is often considered to be one area that is difficult to align with the green lifestyle.
HP has partnered with the feature film “The Lorax” in UK and Ireland, an adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ classic tale, as an extension of HP’s longstanding commitment to sustainability, environmentally friendly products and worldwide environmental leadership. In support of the movie sponsorship, HP encourages consumers to recognise that “Every Inkling Makes a Difference” and promotes making eco-conscious choices when printing. Each time you make a conscious effort to help the environment, that’s an inkling. And when you print like the Lorax by keeping the environment front of mind, you’ll take a step towards making our planet a cleaner and greener place.
These top tips should help you consider new ways to ‘print like the Lorax’, reducing the environmental impact of your day-to-day printing, and the costs incurred!
- Recycle your print cartridges – Investigate free and easy ways to recycle your products. For example, used HP print cartridges can be recycled into new Original HP Ink and Toner cartridges through the Planet Partners Programme. Over the past 7 years, HP has produced over 1 billion Original HP Inkjet cartridges made with recycled content through the “closed-loop” recycling process and the HP Planet Partners Program. Learn how you can help create the next billion by clicking here.
- Black and white printing – Restrict the use of colour except for final documents or photographs. You can set your printer to default at the black and white setting, saving on unnecessary ink usage.
- Use sustainable paper – Working with the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and World Wildlife Fund (WWF), HP supports advancing responsible forestry.
- Double-sided printing – To reduce the amount of paper you use, ensure that double-sided printing is used where possible for homework and other documents.
- Recycle your paper – Recycle any unwanted paper and reuse single-sided sheets as note paper.
- Choose your printer wisely – HP printers are designed with the environment in mind, look for models that are ENERGY STAR qualified and made from post-consumer materials.
- Save energy – Turn your printer off when not in use to save energy and help keep your home energy bills low!
By implementing these top tips, you can print like the Lorax in a sustainable manner that can also help reduce your ink, paper and energy costs at home! Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax will be opening nationwide on 27th July 2012.